Thanks for frequenting my blog yet again. Your cooperation is definitely appreciated.
Any questions you may have, feel free to email me at jrbulls@gmail.com.
~Mailbag~
Question #1
Jeff,
Are you trying to start an Independent party?? Wouldn't that type of movement split the vote & ultimately help Republicans gain power??
*Great question. I am NOT trying to start a party of any type. Honestly, I'm not in favor of having to choose ANY party. Too many times, you have to follow party lines, even if that particular stance isn't something you believe in.
The ultimate purpose for this blog.....and my mission overall....is to INFORM people. Educate people on the issues we have before us as a community - as a people - as a nation - without bias or spin. I have no party agenda. I have a people agenda. An agenda to INFORM people. I truly believe that we don't progress because we lack KNOWLEDGE. We don't educate ourselves on the issues that affect us daily....yet we hold all the power through voting. That's my goal. To inform. Educate. Make voters aware. Fully aware of what's at stake. And let's be crystal clear: I DON'T CARE WHAT PARTY YOU CHOOSE. I DON't CARE WHAT SIDE YOU'RE ON. Just know WHY you're voting that way. Don't vote Dem because your mom did. Don't vote Repo because your well-to-do uncle votes that way. Have a VALID, fact-based reason to do so. And that's where I step in. I'm sharing facts, so that you can make that fact-based decision. Hope this helps!
Question # 2
Jeff,
I don't really have a question. I just want you to know that I appreciate your work so far. You've taken a brave stand....to NOT choose a side. Kudos, my brotha.
Definitely appreciated. I'm no messiah. Nor the second coming of Huey Newton. I'm simply a voter like you that's TIRED OF RHETORIC. Give me facts, or keep it moving. I'm not interested in your partisan agenda. I don't care if you put sugar on it. It's still crap. I'm just a constituent that's tired of NOT being accounted for. Taken advantage of. Chalked up to being an afterthought. I'm NOT a shoo-in. The normal black voter that ends up voting Democrat. You can't pigeonhole me. And what I'm trying to do is get people to NOT be fooled. To NOT be forgotten. To invest some time into these candidates. See what they are REALLY about. Who cares what color you are, what church you attend, etc. What are you gonna do?? In detail. Not some generalization that you're from here & you love this city....blah, blah, blah.... Either spell out your exact plan, or get out of the way. No more rhetoric. No more generalizations masked as promises. It's time to hold people accountable on ALL fronts. No matter the party. No matter the affiliation.
Question # 3
Jeff,
Do you hate Democrats?? Why are all these folks, especially on Facebook, suddenly turning Republican??
The short answer is no. I don't hate Dems. But this is a blog, so here we go...lol
I don't despise Dems. I'm just at a point where I'm enlightened....and that in itself brings about questions. What have they REALLY done for us as black people?? Look, I've grown up here. Born & raised. So I have a historical sense of our community....and for as long as I've known?? We've been Democratically run. Our local leaders have been Dems. Our representatives in Lansing have been Dems. But...our community looks the exact same. Even worse, really. Community centers?? Closed. Schools rapidly closing each year. Entrepreneurial opportunities are far & few. Under Dem rule, no less. And we aren't supposed to question that?? People have shunned my take on this. Said that we can't go to Repos. Pardon me, but....what are we holding on to?? Maybe Repos aren't the answer. That's for YOU to decide. But don't tell me that Dems are a mortal lock. I'm not trying to hear that. Take a drive around our city....and then reassess that. Urban blight & decay. Closures all over the place. Excuse the hell out of me...but NOBODY gets a free pass when I look at what I see. No sir. It's time to ask some REAL questions, folks. We're at the fork in the road. I'm standing there with questions. Join me if you see what I see.
Hope that helps!
¥Thanks for reading! Subscribe below by hitting the link. Appreciate your support!!! God bless!!!
i read your first post about not choosing any party allegiance and it is so true and on point. i'll continue to keep track of your blog and i'm lookin forward to some good debates from your followers
ReplyDeleteThanks for your support. Greatly appreciated!!
ReplyDelete