Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Independence - Not all that different, but....

Questions from my readers:

~Mailbag~

Question #1

Jeff,

What does being independent mean to black people?? I mean - please don't be offended by the question. I just don't see an avenue for us as a people to go towards, in regards to being independent.

*Great question & comment. I'll simply say this. Independence & what it means to black people (all people, really) isn't about identifying a candidate, per se.... At least not YET. The movement is to identify OUR concerns & issues, all while making sure that ALL THE CANDIDATES ON THE BALLOT are aware of our concerns/issues. Most importantly - ADDRESS them. All that matters in the end is that our issues are taken care of. Will we ever get an Independent candidate on the ballot?? Probably not. At least not in the short term. But what we CAN do is get our issues to the forefront. The squeaky wheel gets the oil....and we're gonna squeak our asses off. Bet on it.


Question #2


Jeff,

I want to get involved in the independent movement. I'm in the same boat as you. Tired of the two-party nonsense. Tired of our issues being ignored. It's as if we're forgotten. They get into office....both sides....and forget the little person that got them there. They begin to cater to their donors & campaign contributors instead of the regular folks. That's gotta change.

*Damn right it does....and it will. You know how?? It starts with US. It starts with blogs like mine. It starts with people getting involved & staying engaged. You have a vested interest in this. I won't make any crazy statements, or send out false signals. I promis this much, however. We will come up with a way to organize this movement. We will then mobilize whatever resources we can muster up towards our common goal: Our issues being attended to. Point blank. There won't be any glitz & glamour. Strictly meat & potatoes. Issues, issues, issues. What can you do for US?? We don't wanna hear about fringe issues. We want grassroots solutions. Save the rhetoric for your blind followers. We see through all that crap. Enough is enough.


€Thanks to everyone who sent in questions. I will answer ANY questions you may have. If you want your questions to be published, please send them via email (jrbulls@gmail.com) & I will promptly answer them in print.

Thanks for reading & until the next post....God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. Keep us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, thank YOU for your support!! I will most definitely keep you informed. It's my mission.

    ReplyDelete