Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Jeff's Hot Topics: Locally & Nationally

Thanks again for blogging with me. I truly appreciate the droves of support I've received thus far. I do this for YOU guys. The electorate that is unspoken for. That's tired of nonsense & biased rhetoric. Let's get down to business, shall we??



Local Burn - Great Lakes Bay Region (Michigan - MBS area)


Folks, we are a short 4 weeks away from a very important election cycle. From a local ordinance standpoint, we have an important millage on the docket, which calls for the renewal of funding for the Dow Event Center in downtown Saginaw. I can't stress enough how pivotal this piece of legislation is for the vitality of our region & city. PLEASE SUPPORT THE MILLAGE BY VOTING 'YES' ON THIS MILLAGE. This is NOT a new mill; It is a RENEWAL, which is actually LESS than what it was before. A 'yes' vote is crucial. We absolutely cannot afford to lose the Dow. It is too important to our region's ability to draw all sorts of entertainment, business conferences & such to our area, which in turn, feeds our local economy & local businesses, therefore keeping resources IN OUR CITY. Again, a 'yes' vote is a 'yes' for the continued success & rebuilding of our community with the Dow Event Center in tow.

As far as the State electorate is concerned, we have the 95th district to be concerned with, as well as the gubernatorial - race for governor. As per the purpose of my blog, I won't endorse a candidate, nor will I denounce one - unless there are mitigating circumstances. From time to time, I will offer up tidbits of information that will help my readers to make an INFORMED decision, which is my overall aim. PLEASE READ UP ON THE CANDIDATES. The vitality of our region depends on YOUR VOTES. With proper public policy in place?? It sets the stage within the business sector, which will ultimately lead us to prosperity in rebuilding our region to be the best it can be.

In short?? VOTE...VOTE...VOTE!!!!



National Burn - Hot Topic on the national scene


Need any more evidence that big business is NOT your friend, nor a friend of the middle class & America as a whole?? Pay attention...

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce was found to be skirting campaign laws by using foreign money to fund campaign attack ads. How the money is acquired is by way of offices set up (by the Chamber) in other countries. These "offices" are called "AmChams". They're basically donation centers to filter money through. These "donations" to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce are then used (anonymously, by the way) to fund campaign ads & miscellaneous functions concerning the elections at hand.

(How is this bad for us, Jeff?)


I'll tell you. Matter of fact?? I'll use an example. Let's say you are General Motors. You have business interests in the U.S., as well as Russia, China, Germany, England, etc. You hear about the latest legislation in Congress. A law that makes it VERY HARD for you to make money in other countries besides the United States. This isn't good for your business, right?? How can I block this legislation or make it harder for it to pass?? Donation, donation, donation!!! Simply drop off a "donation" at your nearest "AmCham" & kindly remind your "AmCham" representative that you'll "donate" more to "the cause" in exchange for that law to somehow NOT pass. Follow me?? Basically, you can pay them off. Major, major problem, right??

If this isn't a prime example of how big business runs our government, then I don't know what is.

People, this is why I'm here. We HAVE to stay abreast of what's happening. Even moreso, we have to let our elected officials know. If you can spend uber amounts of time on Facebook?? You can shoot a quick email to your congressman or state reps to voice your concerns. Please believe - the source I read this info in was kindly copied & pasted in one, and promptly sent to Debbie Stabenow. Attached to it was ONE sentence: DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

This is MY mission, folks. I won't let you down.

More important than this?? YOU can't let you down. Get involved!!!


Our livelihood depends on it...


Peace & love to all.



**Thanks for reading. Make sure to subscribe to my blog below by hitting the link. There's also another link to subscribe up above on the right side. God bless you all!**

2 comments: