Monday, September 27, 2010

Independence: The REAL "change" you can believe in

I could begin my first blog entry by way of prophetic dialogue....


Muster up some prolific discertation, claiming to be some messiah of the people...


Not gonna happen....


In that instance, I'd morph into what I despise....


A talking head, created by a party agenda, funded by those whom share my partisan views...


Suffice it to say?? I'm broke. And outside of my own ventures?? I like it that way. My pockets are empty of those type of dollars because I don't speak for those people. I speak for ME. I speak for those that are tired of sideline to sideline rhetoric. People who can't identify with EITHER SIDE. People who simply get up every morning, get their kids ready for school & themselves for work....and are mostly oblivious to what Fox News pundits & MSNBC anchors ramble on about every day.


Hedge funds?? Sub-prime mortgages??


Who cares??


Regular folks like us are more concerned with PTA meetings, after school programs & fund raisers for our kids' field trips.


We're too entrenched into daily living to worry about some hedge fund manager who makes more in ONE YEAR than most of us stannd to make in a lifetime.


Pardon us & accept our humble apologies for NOT crying a river because his taxes will go up from 15% to 20%, while small businesses taxes (people WE know) are still at 32%.

Don't bother passing the tissue...


(So Jeff... What are you getting at?? And why start a blog to "bash" people??)


It's simple. There's a voice that HASN'T been heard. One who doesn't have an avenue to reach anyone "in the know". One who sees election cycles come & go...and still feels unfulfilled. Ignored even.



Yes, I'm pointing RIGHT AT the inner city of Saginaw....and other inner cities like it. It's citizens, especially.



That's right. US.

The most undervalued citizen there is. Utterly invisible.



The one who goes to work everyday. Drops kids off at school on the way. Picks up kids from afterschool programs, daycare providers (that we can barely afford), shuffle them home to assist them with homework, spend some quality time with them before an inevitable bedtime comes upon all of us....

All to do over again the next day. Without fanfare. Without hoopla.



Without a voice to speak for us....



Until now....


Fasten your seatbelts, fellow unmentioned. The ride may get bumpy. We may even encounter inclimate weather. But what we WON'T DO is get off track.


We know EXACTLY where we're going. And who to target once we get there....


EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THE BALLOT....


Ready, set....go.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading my blog. Truly humbled that you took the time to do so. For those that can relate to it?? Please subscribe by hitting the link below. The links will also be posted on my Facebook page for review as well.


    Thanks again & God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting, Jeff. I love to read your views. Always humorous, tactful, insightful, articulate, often esoteric, and forever thought provoking. Keep it coming. I will get around to starting one eventually. I feel as though I need 40 hours in a day and didn't want to start one until I knew I had time to really do it justice. Meantime and after...I will support yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stacy!! Definitely appreciated.

    Also, please let us know once you start yours. I'll definitely support it & pass the word as well...

    ReplyDelete